Deps Sakamata Shad is a soft bait with the darting and jumping action. The keels on both sides of the body give it a natural baitfish action while appealing to the predatory instincts of bass.
It can be fished weightless to imitate baitfish trying to escape near the surface and jumping out of the water. It can also be fished on the bottom with a split-shot or Carolina-Rigs and the bait will dart near the bottom like a fish looking to hide.
The performance and versatility of the Sakamata Shad makes it easy to catch fish in a variety of situations.
8 inch (4 pack)
- NORMAL material: SALT 5% (36.5g)
- HEAVY WEIGHT material: SALT 65% (41.0g)
- HOOK SIZE: # 6/0 OFFSET HOOK
6 inch (6 pack)
- NORMAL material: SALT 10% (16.0g)
- HEAVY WEIGHT material: SALT 75% (17.0g)
- HOOK SIZE: # 4/0 OFFSET HOOK
5 inch (6 pack)
- NORMAL material: SALT 10% (9.8g)
- HEAVY WEIGHT material: SALT 75% (11.3g)
- HOOK SIZE: # 3/0 OFFSET HOOK
4 inch (8 pack)
- NORMAL material: SALT 5% (3.7g)
- HOOK SIZE: # 1/0 OFFSET HOOK
The Deps Sakamata Shad design of the body is smooth and creates low water resistance making it easy for the bait to dart side-to-side. It can be fished quickly to generate reaction bites.
The salt content varies based on the size of the bait (8inch = 5%, 6inch / 5inch = 10%, 4inch = 5%) and the material has strength and holds hooks securely, which reduces tearing and breaking.
The Keel is the secret for the unique jumping dirt action of Sakamata Shad. It allows the water to flow and creates a unique jumping action. It also acts as a rudder to create better darting action.
Matsushita Wins Bassmaster Open with Sakamata Shad
Masayuki Matsushita wins 2020 Sam Rayburn Bassmaster Central Open with a 3-day total of 60-14.