Inshore ingenuity is the name of the game when it comes to the Bates Seaborn Salty Casting Reel. For those bass fishermen turned saltwater angler, or for the coastal guy or gal who just prefers the accuracy and versatility a bait caster provides, we’ve designed a reel in a class of its own.
Bates reels Salty is the first fully machined, low profile bait caster manufactured from bar stock aluminum and pieced together with stainless steel components. Its anti-corrosion make up makes this reel saltier than the bays and flats themselves, and the anodized finish is sure to keep everyone else staring while you catch all the fish!
The difference between the Bates and Bates Seaborn series is the internal components: Bates has MS-58 brass components and Bates Seaborn has stainless steel components. These components include the main gear and pinion gear.
Each reel comes standard with a 120mm milled titanium handle. These are normally a high dollar upgrade but is standard with the Seaborn. The Seaborn reel comes with it’s own Bates Neoprene cover. With a 3 year manufacturers warranty, you can't go wrong with this incredible reel.
- 150 sized frame
- 6.3:1 Gear Ratio
- CNC precision cut 6061-T6 bar stock aluminum one-piece-body
- 10+1 stainless steel bearings anti corrosion coating
- 26” per crank line pickup
- Stainless steel & titanium drag assembly water tight seal
- 120mm Titanium Crank Arm
- Adjustable magnetic brakes
- Laser engraved cork grips and thumb bar
- Nautical blue anodized finish salt water resistant
- Custom neoprene reel case
- Built to last (no plastic toys here)
- 20lb Drag Carbon Fiber
- Weight 8.0 Oz
- Fresh or Saltwater ready
- Mono Line Capacity: 12 lbs / 140 yds, Braided Line Capacity: 30 lbs / 190 yds